Ryan and I have another toddler-free night so we’re about to rush out the door so we can sleep in a hammock in the woods.
This morning Ryan began measuring our furniture and appliances, plotting the measurements and cutting them out of cardboard. This will allow us to figure out some spacial situations. Most importantly, it will help us plot where to install the chimney for our wood burning stove.
I had high hopes of making big leaps with my kitchen counter/cabinet project, but I ran into a few obstacles. To console myself, I took a three hour break and drank a cappuccino.
I was able to start filling the gaps on the counters. I’ll sand down the wood filler tomorrow and then see how the first coat of stain turns out.
For the cabinets, I’m switching from an acrylic/primer combo to oil as I realized today that the current paint is oil based.
Alright, see you tomorrow!